The future of GM will be all-electric. Because we need millions of electric vehicles on the road to significantly impact creating a future with no emissions, we are actively pursuing every requirement to get everyone in an EV. As we quickly establish a competitive edge in batteries, software, vehicle integration, production, and customer experience, GM is well-positioned to design, engineer, and produce electric vehicles for every style and price point.
“By getting everyone into an electric vehicle, we hope to contribute to the answer to the real problem of climate change.”
The future GM EVs will include EVs “at all price points,” as well as for various lifestyles and uses, such as work, adventure, performance, and family, according to official press materials. Additionally, by the end of 2025, GM‘s U.S. portfolio will be powered by batteries to a greater than 40% extent.
Ultrium Batteries and Platform:
According to GM, the cost of the second-generation Ultrium packs will be roughly 60% less than that of the current electric vehicles batteries. Its flexible platform offers the building blocks for various types of vehicles, from low-cost mass-market cars to high-performance automobiles, from a single, universal cell found in most markets and a collection of interchangeable propulsion parts.
- Subaru Electric Cars: Everything you need to know
- Why You Should Include EV Charging Station In Your Business
- Kids Electric cars: All information you need to know
- Electric vehicles charging regulations 2022 explained
- 7-seater electric vehicles available on the marketplace 2022
The GM Electric Vehicles Spotlight
- Chevrolet EV Blazer
- GMC HUMMER EV Pickup
- GMC HUMMER EV SUV
- Cadillac LYRIQ
- Chevrolet Silverado EV
- Chevrolet Equinox EV
- Cruise Origin
Chevrolet EV Blazer
The Chevrolet Blazer EV has performance elements borrowed from the Camaro and Corvette and an increased sporty design.
Blazer EV offers the total package regarding design, functionality, and technology. This daring new all-electric midsize SUV comes in various trim levels, colors, and battery capacities and is constructed from the ground up using the revolutionary Ultium battery architecture. The sporty Blazer EV now has the raw power and self-assurance required to go long distances thanks to Ultium, which gives versatility in charging speeds, range, and performance.
On a full charge of 320 miles, GM EV is projected.
*GM-estimated range is based on present analytical projection capability by SAE J1634 version 2017-MCT. The GM-estimated range is based on a fully charged Electric Vehicles. The actual range depends on variables like temperature, topography, battery age, load, use, and how you operate and maintain your electric car. Targets for performance. Based on computer-aided analysis and simulation employing virtual engineering tools, estimates, and capability standards. Not yet available are EPA estimates.
Blazer EV has a GM-estimated range of up to 247-320 miles on a full charge*, whether you’re driving locally or across the nation.
CHARGING AT HOME
Bypass the petrol station and quickly charge your Blazer EV at home. You can effortlessly adapt you’re at-home charging to your daily schedule and driving demands with the Dual Level Charge Cord.
- LEVEL 1: 120-Volt Charging
- LEVEL 2: 240-Volt Charging*
- All About Electric Pickup Trucks Available in 2022
- Fastest electric cars in 2022-The fastest accelerating EVs
- BMW Electric Cars: Luxury Electric Cars Brand You love to ride
- Lexus all-new RZ EV, the first Lexus all-electric cars
- Top 10 Best Small Electric Cars 2022
BLAZER EV TRIMS
A perfect combination of SUV capability and electrified design.
- GM estimates the electric vehicles range up to 247 miles with FWD 19″ wheels.
- 11.5 kW of onboard power
- Driver Information Center with an 11-inch diagonal
- 17.7-inch touchscreen display with a diagonal
- Chevy Safety Assist comes standard.
- MSRP is estimated to begin at about $44,995*
- accessible in winter 2024
This compelling, all-electric SUV combines great appearance with advanced technology and functionality.
- GM estimates that the FWD model can travel up to 293 miles on a single charge.
- Available AWD and FWD
- higher battery capacity
- Super Cruise*, a driver assistance system, is readily available.
- available cutting-edge security features
- MSRP begins at around $47,595
- accessible in summer 2023
A stunning all-electric SUV features street-inspired styling and remarkable adaptability.
- GM estimates the vehicle’s range is up to 320 miles on a single charge*. It is available with RWD or AWD with 21-inch wheels.
- Lower fascia coated in black flow-through rocker molding.
- Starting MSRP approximation: $51,995
- accessible in summer 2023
Amazingly quick and the pinnacle of design, inside and out, deserving of the SS badge.
- GM estimates that the Performance AWD electric vehicles model can travel up to 290 kilometers on a single charge.
- Wide Open Watts performance option enables GM-estimated 0-60 in less than 4 seconds*.
- 22″ wheels, several finishes
- Supercruise*, a driver assistance system, is readily available.
- MSRP is estimated to begin at about $65,995*
- In stock Fall 2023
- Kia Electric Cars Available in Market
- Ford Electric Cars 2022- All You Need to Know
- Audi Electric Cars 2022- All You Need to Know
- Toyota Electric Cars- Everything You Need to Know
- 2022 Nissan LEAF Electric Cars – All You Need To Know
GMC HUMMER EV Pickup
The HUMMER EV Pickup, with its ground-breaking features and capabilities, rules the terrain with precision in any driving circumstance.
The design of the HUMMER EV incorporates unusual front lighting, a low-turret roof profile, an upright windshield, and distinctive tail lamps.
IMMERSIVE ROOF WITH MODULAR Sky Panels INFINITY
Zero limitations appear like this. An immersive open-air experience is created with the market-leading Infinity Roof and optional Transparent Sky Panels. Remove the four panels, the front I-Bar, and lower the power rear drop glass to let the world.
TELEVISIBLE SKY PANELS
Transparent Sky Panels, an optional feature on GM HUMMER ELECTRIC VEHICLE, are colored to block the light, aid in weather protection, and offer spectacular panoramic views.
- What you need to know about Volkswagen electric cars?
- Electric Car Home Charging Station: Everything you need to know
- The best electric LCVs 2022- All you need to know
- EV Charging Cable and Electric Car Plugs Explained 2022
GMC Hummer EV SUV
“GMC’s HUMMER EV SUV delivers an amazing blend of on- and off-road performance, supplemented with a unique construction that allows for our characteristic open-air experience,” stated Al Oppenhuizen, HUMMER EV chief engineer.
The newly available Electricity Station generator2 allows users to use up to 3 kilowatts of power from the car, transforming the HUMMER EV SUV into a power source on the trail or a backup generator, among other innovations. Trail mapping is now accessible via the updated GM ap1. The 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV is an all-electric redesign of one of the century’s most recognizable and fearsome off-road vehicles. Although the Hummer brand is now a part of the GMC lineup, its distinctive look and exceptional off-road characteristics are carefully preserved in EV form.
Due to the SUV’s cutting-edge technology, fantastic power output, and cutting-edge features, such as four-wheel steering, which enables the much-ballyhooed, the latter will likely be even more spectacular. The Ultrium battery technology, which offers rapid charging times and a large battery pack with an estimated range of 300+ miles, is the most intriguing feature of the redesigned Hummer.
Edition 1 Highlights include:
- Double-stacked, 20-module Ultrium battery. It can power three motors and has a range of over 300 miles12 on one charge (without the optional Extreme Off-Road Package).
- According to GM estimates, the three-motor e4WD drive system generates up to 830 hp or 11,500 lb-ft of torque.
- One-Pedal Driving15 and Terrain Mode. Terrain Mode’s braking system is integrated with One-Pedal Driving, offering the driver unique control while off-roading and rock crawling. One-Pedal Driving allows the driver to slow the car to a complete stop using the accelerator pedal, allowing excellent control.
- New available Power Station generator.2 Off-road excursions and other activities may be powered by the new Power Station generator2, which has impressive external powering capabilities. The HUMMER EV SUV has upgraded hardware that enables it to jump-start another electric car at 240v/25A/6kW and powers various accessories and equipment at 120v/25A/3kW.
The optional Watts to Freedom5 can achieve 0-60 mph in around 3.5 seconds while producing up to 830 horsepower and 11,500 lb-ft of torque (GM estimates).
- Suspension travel (in. / mm): 13 / 330.
- Max ground clearance (in. / mm): 16.0 / 406Width w/o mirrors (in. / mm): 86.5 / 2196
- Track width (in. / mm): 73.3 / 1863.
- Nine Tips for Buying an Electric Car in 2022
- Which Electric car charging station is best for your business?
- Electric Cars FAQS: What They Are and How They Work
- New Electric Vehicles Planned for 2025
- The Newest Trends in Electric Cars for 2022
The Lyriq SUV is Cadillac’s first entry into the luxury electric car market, and it has an angular appearance and a contemporary interior. The brand-new 2022 GMC Hummer Electric vehicles and the 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E provide less standard and premium technologies than the brand-new 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ. It offers a wide range of Cadillac Smart System features that elevate your daily travel, from crystal-clear HD Rear Vision Camera and Vehicle Diagnostics to Teen Driver technology. Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Zone Steering Assist, Enhanced Automatic Parking Assist, Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking, Following Distance Indicator, and other excellent safety features.
- Choreographed exterior LED lighting.
- Fixed-glass roof with power interior shade
- Cadillac-exclusive AKG Studio 19-speaker audio system
- Regen On Demand
- One-Pedal Driving
The Lyriq’s single motor produces 340 horsepower and 325 lb-ft of torque over 502 kilometers with rear-wheel drive. The Lyriq delivers an estimated 502 km of range on a full battery charge, thanks to a 100-kWh battery pack.
GM Chevrolet Silverado Electric Vehicles
General Motors will produce the Chevrolet Silverado EV, a full-size battery-electric pickup truck, under the Chevrolet name. The Silverado EV, unveiled in January 2022, will enter North American markets in 2023 for the 2024 model year.
The brand-new Chevy Silverado EV was created from the bottom up to alter the game’s rules.
The Ultrium platform and Ultifi software system, which will underpin all future Chevy EVs, are at the core of this new electric pickup. The Silverado EV releases performance statistics never seen on the gasoline-powered model, features technologies and talents you won’t find on any other Chevy, and yet has the towing capacity and storage room to compete with the opposition quickly. Here are some of the elements, both inside and out:
- 400 miles of range at 100% battery
- 660 horsepower / 780 lb-ft of torque
- 0-60 mpg in 4.5 seconds
- 60/40 flip-and-fold rear seats increase cargo bed capacity
- Max towing capacity of 10,000 lbs
- Available Super Cruise driver assistance allows for hands-free driving
- A panoramic fixed glass roof
- 11-inch free-form infotainment touchscreen with w/17-inch screen available to upgrade
- Google apps built-in with voice commands
- Three charging options: 120-volt, 240-volt, and DC Fast Charging
- Chevy Safety Assist features
CHEVROLET SILVERADO EV SAFETY
Autonomous emergency braking and pedestrian recognition are just two safety features available on the Silverado EV. Lane-departure warning and lane-keeping support are available safety features. Additionally, you may upgrade to adaptive cruise control, which automatically regulates the truck’s speed when traveling far distances to prevent collisions with other cars on the road.
- How Does an Electric Car Work? Working Principals of Electric Cars
- Electric Car Motor – All Information You Need to Know
- Top 8 Midsize Electric SUV in 2022
- 2022 Best Electric Car Companies Available In Market
- 2022 Ford Mustang Mach E – Ford Electric Car
CHEVROLET EQUINOX EV
The brand-new Equinox EV electric truck will be added to the Chevrolet lineup in the autumn of 2023 as a 2024 model. The Chevrolet Equinox EV is a battery-electric compact crossover SUV produced by General Motors under the Chevrolet brand. The announcement of the Equinox EV follows the revelation of the Chevrolet Silverado EV for the 2024 model year and the confirmation of the Blazer EV SUV, to arrive on the scene in spring 2023.
Chevy Equinox EV specs: Electric range, battery, charging, and horsepower
It’s unknown what the specs of the Chevy Equinox EV in 2024 will be. However, the electric vehicle’s range is anticipated to be in the vicinity of 300 miles. Like previous electric vehicles from Chevrolet and GM, the Equinox electric vehicles will be constructed on the Ultrium platform. There are currently 50 kWh to over 200 kWh battery packs available for the Ultrium platform. The Equinox EV undoubtedly has access to fast-charging options as well.
The Equinox EV, which has two electric motors and an all-wheel drive system, will most likely have an all-wheel system even if the Chevy Bolt EUV crossover does not already have one. As a result, it will have a higher horsepower output than the Bolt EUV’s single electric motor, which only has a 200-hp output.
GM CRUISE ORIGIN EV
The business displayed the Cruise Origin, a Level 4-5 autonomous car designed to be utilized for a ride-hailing service, in January 2020. The Origin lacked human steering controls and was designed from the ground up to be a self-driving car as opposed to being adapted from a non-autonomous one. The car is all-electric and is intended to have a lifespan of 1,000,000 miles, costing about $50,000 to produce at a scale.
As well as three internal cameras that keep an eye on the security of individuals and their luggage onboard, The Origin provides Wi-Fi internet and gadget chargers for passengers to utilize while traveling. Due to Cruise Origin’s all-electric status, the shared journey ought to be silent.
General Motors now guarantees that this vehicle will have a range of up to 1,600,000 kilometers, saving its consumers $5,000 compared to a regular taxi.
Design & Interior
The Cruise Origin is a driverless ride-hail vehicle explicitly developed with comfort, convenience, and utility. Additionally, it will feature a variant made for autonomous cargo transportation.
The Cruise Origin is built to have as much room as feasible for cargo and people. Because of this, it appears like a tipped refrigerator, yet it’s still one of the most innovative purpose-built cars ever.
According to former Cruise CEO Dan Amman, “it is a production car,” even though it might seem too futuristic.